LOOK BEFORE YOU BOOK.. KNOW BEFORE YOU GO..: Visit http://stateparks.utah.gov/conditions to check for FIRE RESTRICTIONS or other important park information. Refunds are not given for changing park conditions such as changing water levels or fire bans.
*** Site Availability Information ***: Individual campsites are available for reservation on a four-month rolling basis. For example, on January 10 individual sites are available for reservation through May 10. Group sites are available for reservation on an 11-month rolling basis. You can book a maximum of 13 days beyond the last date of the reservation window. For more information please contact our Reservation Call Center at 800-322-3770 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (Mountain Time) Monday through Friday. The call center is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
Attention: North and West Beach campgrounds are closed for the winter. Eagle View and Painted Rocks campgrounds will also be closed shortly. We plan on opening them early spring. You may still camp at the Oasis campground year round, and the Painted Rocks group site.
Yuba State Park got its name from the individuals who built the dam. Local farmers and ranchers had to build the dam themselves or risk losing their water rights. The men working on the structure called it the U.B. Dam. As they worked they sang a song that stated they were damned if they worked and damned if they didn't. The phonetic sound of the reservoirs name was eventually spelled Yuba.
Visitors with a good eye can sometimes find evidence of the ancient Native Americans that once lived in the area. Rock art, pieces of pottery, and stone tools are among items that have been found around the reservoir. Remnants of mining and ranching that took place in the area are also visible to those with an interest in older cultures. Visitors are allowed to explore the area, but area asked not to disturb or remove any artifacts. Any findings should be reported to Utah State Parks and Recreation.
The Lake is perfect for boating swimming, waterskiing, wind-surfing, picnicking and year-round fishing. Anglers enjoy vying for walleye and yellow perch.
- OASIS CAMPGROUND is the most popular area in the park. This areas many trees and manicured campsites with centaly located restrooms and showers as well as a few RV hookups make this the most desired in the park.
- BEACH camping is available and reserved on a maximum capacity basis on the North Beach and West Beach areas of the lake. The North beach is known for its soft sand, enjoy one of the best beaches in the State. West beach while not as sandy as the North offers waterfront camping and a great spot for fishing. While camping at the beaches you will have access to vault toilet facilities and a few shared fire pits on the beach, there is no drinking water, shade or grills on the beach so please bring your own.
- PAINTED ROCKS is located on the Levan side of Yuba Reservoir. This campground has its own boat launch, drinking water, and vault restroom facilities. Each site has a covered table for shade, a table, grill and firepit.
- EAGLE VIEW is located on the East side of the lake. This campground has only been accessible by boat, however new for 2013 4x4 vehicles will be able to access these sites for a new way to experience this area of the park. .
- CABINS are located near the Oasis group site and can accommodate 6 people.
Sequoia Motorsports is the park concessionaire. They offer boat, personal watercraft and off-highway vehicle rentals right at the park. They have also opened a store that offers basic camping and boating supplies. While you are there, enjoy one of their juicy hamburgers and homemade fries! Call them at 801-423-9118 or visit their website at sequoiamotorsports.com.
Services & Amenities:
- Beach Access
- Boat Launch
- Boat Launch Ramp
- Comfort Station
- Drinking Water
- Dump Station
- Hot Showers
- Modern Restrooms
- Pets Allowed
- Pit Toilet
- Ranger Station
- Sewage Disposal Station
- Sports Activities
- Water Drinking
Alerts and Important Information
No glass allowed at beach sites.
Visitors must bring their own firewood.
Ice is available at the park headquarters during the summer
Only designated beach areas are open; be aware of all
undeveloped closed areas.
Yuba State Park now allows ATV/OHV access from the campground to nearby trails. Please remember that you are only allowed to ride your ATV/OHV directly to and from the OHV riding areas to your campsite at a maximum speed of 15 MPH. Recreational riding within the camping areas is strictly prohibited.
Gates at Oasis Campground are closed from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Getting There:GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
From Salt Lake: Take Interstate 15 south to Exit 202 - Yuba Lake. Follow the access road approximately five miles to park entrance.
Yuba Lake State Park
The events listed here are not intended to be an all inclusive list. Please contact the park for further details.
- June 6th Free fish day and fishing seminar: Come out to Yuba State Park during this free fish day!! In addition to free fishing, Rangers will also put on a “how to fish” seminar! This will be a truly awesome event. Catch them and cook them! We will assist you in preparing your fish in a variety of different dishes. Yum! Yum! Park entrance fees apply. on Jun 06 2015
- June 12th and 13th Night Moon light delight Zip Lining. After dark zip lining. Ride two zip lines for only $5 after dark. Riders wear glow sticks and zip line in pitch black under the stars!! from Jun 12 2015 to Jun 13 2015
- July 11th Third Sand Castle Building Competition: Put your artistic sand castle building skills to the test. Join us at North Beach at 1pm. Registration will begin at 12:00 pm. Prizes to the top 5 castles in INDIVIDUAL and TEAM builders. Park entrance fees apply. ($5 per INDIVIDUAL TEAM and $10 per multi person TEAMS. on Jul 11 2015
- August 1st- 2nd Third Annual Bow fishing Tournament: Join us at Yuba State Park for our third annual Carp bow fishing tournament! This will be a two day tournament!!! The carp are plenty and the prizes too. We’ll have a raffle for prizes after the tournament; everyone receives a ticket upon registration, with an option to buy more tickets. Payout categories include Big Fish, Big 5, Open class Airboat, Open class other boat and Sportsmen. 100% payout of all categories!! We have park concessions with food, drink, supplies, rentals, zip line riding and more. Expect a $10 park entrance fee or a park camping fee if you spend the night.
When: August 1st at 10am – 4pm. Registration goes from 7am-9am underneath the day use pavilion at the Oasis campground. A mandatory tournament rules meeting will be held at 9am. The tournament starts promptly at 10am and ends at 4pm. Weigh in begins at 4 pm at the fish cleaning station.
August 2nd 9am-2pm, weigh in at 2pm at the fish cleaning station.
Where: Yuba State Park, Oasis camp ground day use pavilion. Exit 202 I-15. We are located approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes South from Salt Lake City. The park is located 4 miles off the Exit. Follow the paved road south to the Oasis campground past the beach camping.
Registration: Maximum shooters, 3 persons per boat. (Sportsmen class allows as many persons as your vessel capacity holds). Expect a $10 park entrance fee or a park camping fee if you spend the night.
from Aug 01 2015 to Aug 02 2015
- September 12th Camp Yuba Triathlon: Compete in an Olympic or Sprint distance triathlon. This is an ongoing yearly event, extremely organized and very fast and fun. Please contact www.racetri.com/camp-yuba/ for information. on Sep 12 2015
- First Annual Yuba DOG RUN!!! October 17th.
Yuba State Park hosts the first annual Run with a Dog 5k. Participants and their furry friends can run or walk along the 3.1-mile course through the park, starting and ending in the Oasis Campground. Well behaved and currently vaccinated dogs are allowed, but must be leashed (and muzzled if necessary). Entrance fee of $20 to $30 includes a long or short sleeve t shirt. After the race enjoy refreshments, awards, raffles and doggies treats for your K-9 companions. Register through active.com by going to, https://endurancecui.active.com/event-reg/select-race?e=13275652
on Oct 17 2015